Monday, April 6, 2009

Ginger Cookies

Now, I realize that Ginger Cookies are generally a "harvest" treat--something to be enjoyed over the holidays with some nice glog...but when it snows in April sometimes you just gotta regress and bring back that nice ginger cookie smell into the house before you go insane from all the white stuff outside.

I tried this recipe. I was hoping they would be chewy. They were not but they were still good.

Good enough to eat. Nom Nom Nom.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/ginger-cookies-recipe2/index.html

(YES IT IS A PAULA DEEN RECIPE. DON'T JUDGE ME, PLS).

Okay speaking of dessert-like things...does anyone have any good suggestions for a dessert to make for Easter? We're hosting and while I already gave the caveat that I will not (NOT!) be making ham or lamb (Easter Spaghetti anyone?)...I was hoping to make a nice springish dessert.

5 comments:

  1. Do you like lemon desserts? This lemon loaf was pretty tasty, add some berries to dress it up: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Lemon-Lemon-Loaf-350989
    Alternately, I'm making these vanilla bean coconut cupcakes for Mei's birthday next week:http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Vanilla-Bean-Coconut-Cupcakes-with-Coconut-Frosting-352095?recipename=Vanilla%20Bean-Coconut%20Cupcakes%20with%20Coconut%20Frosting&saved_to_box=y

    ReplyDelete
  2. And if you're pressed for time and can find good strawberries (we had shockingly good ones here last week), there's always strawberry shortcake. I like to use my bunny cookie cutters for Easter. I have some good recipes for the short cakes I can send.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmmm strawberry shortcake, indeed! Nom! All sound so good. It could be that I eat everything and anything right now but probably just that I love these dessert ideas.

    Lars wants me to make cookies for Easter Dessert. I'm already doing a totally unconventional spaghetti dinner...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, fun! Are you going to frost them like little bunnies and eggs? Or, given recent experience, are you going to maim a bunch of bunny cookies when you try to put frosting on them?

    ReplyDelete