Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Dessert-Turtle Cake!

Well--since I made my great grandmother's spaghetti for Easter Dinner, it only seemed fitting that I made my other great grandmother's turtle cake for Easter Dessert. Neither of them are very "Eastery"-but that's okay. I guess I just wasn't really in the mood to experiment with something I have never cooked before. Hello, Lazy Bones.

Here it is in all its glory...

Turtle Cake

1 box of German Chocolate cake mix
1 14 oz package of caramels
½ cup evaporated milk
1 cube butter
1 package of chocolate chips
1 cup pecans

Prepare cake mix according to box instructions. Pour ½ of batter in a 9x13 greased pan. Bake 15 minutes at 350 degrees.

Unwrap and melt in microwave caramels and ½ cup milk and 1 cube of butter. Stir until creamy.

Remove cake from oven and sprinkle top with 1 package of chocolate chips and 1 cup of pecans (chopped). Pour caramel mixture over pecans and chocolate chips. Then top with remaining batter. Bake 20 minutes at 350 degrees.

Before serving sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment