Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Panko Salmon


This is nothing special, but it's very easy and quick! I had a little help from my friend Trader Joe. I kinda winged it on this recipe, and there are lots of opportunities to vary the salmon (add toppings, sauces, etc.)

Ingredients:
wild salmon
1-2 cups Trader Joe's panko crumbs
Seasoning salt
frying oil
1-2 eggs, beaten

Directions:
Heat oil in frying pan. Beat the eggs in a wide bowl, and fill another wide bowl with Panko crumbs/seasoning mixture. Coat salmon pieces thoroughly with egg batter on both sides, and then transfer to the Panko mix and coat thoroughly on both sides. Add salmon pieces to hot frying pan, and cook until one side is browned. Flip, and cook until the other side is browned and fish is no longer pink (or however you like salmon) : )

Like I said - SO easy!! I served this with Jasmine rice, steamed aspargus and topped it in low-sodium Soy sauce. That's it!!

2 comments:

  1. That looks so good! Is 3000 miles too far to ask you to travel to make me dinner?

    ReplyDelete