Sunday, March 29, 2009

Crepes for breakfast, lunch AND desert!

All I craved while I was pregnant was crepes. I made them every weekend, so now it's a tradition. The best part is that they will refrigerate/freeze really well. So I'd keep them on hand throughout the week, and serve them for lunch or dinner (with chicken, rice & salsa) and then for desert (helloooo bananas, chocolate sauce and vanilla ice cream!)

Super easy (hey, that's my thing!) ingredient list:
1 cup unbleached flour
1 tbsp raw sugar
1 cup milk
1/3 cup water
3 eggs
3 tbsp unsalted butter
1/4 tsp salt

Directions:
Heat nonstick griddle pan until VERY hot. Mix batter ingredients in food processor and blend until smooth. Pour crepe batter into middle of the heated pan, and roll the pan until the batter gets flat. Wait for air bubbles to appear consistently throughout crepe, and flip with a wide spatula (usually takes me under a minute).

As soon as you can loosen the crepe by rocking the pan, it's done (it should slide right off).

NOTE: don't do anything else while these cook. This is a very fast process, and if you get distracted, your crepes will burn. I cooked the whole batch in less than 5 minutes. So I recommend you cut up all your fruit/toppings before hand.

2 comments:

  1. Oooooohhhh Yum. I love crepes too and suddenly have a hankering for crepes instead of scones! oh well, next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I just ate a GIANT dinner of enchiladas (of which I will post the recipe as soon as I can bamboozle it out of her) and this still looks UH-MAZING. Perfect for berry season which is soon soon soon. YES, PLEASE.

    ReplyDelete