Recipe here--I give it 5/5 "Noms"
PALOS VERDES CHICKEN POT PIE (Serves 4)
- 8 teaspoons butter
- 8 teaspoons flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup diced carrots, peeled
- 1 cup green peas
- 4 chicken breast halves, skinned, cooked and diced (or a roast chicken from the market)
- ¼ teaspoon thyme (so important--love the flavor this adds)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ½ cups of flour
- 2-teaspoon sugar
- 1-teaspoon salt
- 2-teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-cup milk or half and half
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Melt butter in a medium pan and stir in flour. Stir in broth and cook over low heat until mixture is smooth and thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in carrots, peas and chicken. Add thyme and season well with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Prepare Biscuit Dough: Place flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in bowl and stir to mix well. Cut in butter until crumbly. Add cheese. Pour in milk and stir briefly until batter is sticky and holds together.
- Spoon half of chicken mixture into buttered 2 quart casserole. With spoon, drop half of dough over chicken. Cover with remaining chicken mixture and top with remaining dough.
- Bake until golden brown, about 30-40 minutes.