Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Slow Cooker Masala Chicken

We all know what a deal breaker is, right? Its something you can't live without. I feel as though my ultimate relocation deal breaker would be proximity to a Trader Joe's. Somehow, its become the only place I shop. I don't know how--but I've just discontinued my weekly trips to the more traditional grocery stores, do the bulk of it all at TJs, and occasionally pick up some items at Target or Kroger (Ralph's equivalent).

That said--I found this excellent/easy recipe for slow cooker chicken masala which uses the Trader Joe's simmer sauce as a base. Its kind of cheating--but kind of not. We're all incredibly busy, right? Why not let TJ's ease our cookies woes if only for a little while.

The recipe can be found HERE--but the pictures don't do it justice. I mean--it looks wrong. But it tastes so right. For mine, I actually did not add that much half & half and I did add some red pepper flakes to up the heat index. Also, I just made regular old rice with butter and mixed in some peas for the base. Lastly--I bought some Trader Joe's frozen Naan bread and ate that on the side. Delicious. Plus you just kind of throw everything into the slow cooker and let it go. I love this.

2 comments:

  1. I miss TJs badly. More proof Tampa is the worst city in America.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw this link to my post, thank you! I agree with you, the pictures are horrible and I'm working on retaking all the photos for my older posts...stay tuned :)

    ReplyDelete