Wednesday, June 23, 2010

P-Dub's Pico De Gallo & Shredded Beef Tacos

Pioneer Woman's Pico de Gallo

Sometimes its so easy to just buy pico de gallo at the grocery store that I would never really ever consider making it myself. HOWEVER, this recipe from Pioneer Woman is fantastic and I really liked it a lot more than the pre-made stuff from the grocery store.

This weekend I had hoped to have a couple of people over to our new place for Father's Day. I thought the easiest thing to do would be have kind of a high class taco bar--so I found a recipe for shredded beef tacos (surprisingly, none of my cookbooks had a shredded beef taco recipe; only ground beef!), and did it up all fancy-like with chihuahua cheese, homemade pico de gallo, avocados, limes, black olives, ...the works. Then Bjorn came down with a 103+ fever on Saturday night so we cancelled Father's Day dinner and ended up with copious leftovers. However, I am happy to report that the shredded beef tacos were good enough to eat at least three nights in a row. We *COULD* eat them again tonight but I'm tuckered out on that food front.

Seriously, though--make the pico. Its SUPER easy. Then get some good tortilla chips. And a corona. And a lime. Oh, heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment