Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Avocado Salad With Carrot Ginger Dressing

I saw this recipe earlier today and immediately became obsessed. I just had to make it.

One of my favorite eating experiences in the world is the side salad you get right before you get your sushi at any Japanese restaurant. Who knew you could make it at home?! And with avocado?! Score x 2! I made mine with butter lettuce (which maybe is the same as bib lettuce? I can't tell--but it was still v good). Also, I ommitted the red onions because I don't really like them raw and I didn't have any in the house. One less thing to chop. Really, it was quite good. It makes so much dressing that you can have it twice. Now if only I could figure out how to save a half used avocado. I could just eat it for dessert...but that might be a little intense.

So, the recipe is actually by way of Gwyneth Paltrow's lifestyle website, Goop, and from a newsletter where she talks about doing a cleanse to lose a couple of pounds--but don't be fooled by that--it still tastes great! We ate it tonight coupled with a helping of Kung Pao Chicken and it worked just swell.

No comments:

Post a Comment