Friday, July 31, 2009

My favorite marinade

Our new kitchen is unfortunate. Tiny, no counter space, no fan/exhaust system over the stove. Cooking dinner turns the main living floor into a sauna. And as Kate can attest, it's been oppressively sticky hot in the northeast for the last week so I've been doing a lot of grilling. Here's my favorite, no fail marinade that works for just about everything: chicken, beef, pork and veggies. Our favorite use is for chicken and beef (flank steak) kabobs because kids will eat anything on a stick. Adapted from Creme de Colorado by the Junior League of Colorado (I know, I know.)

1 cup of oil
1/4 cup of soy sauce
1/4 cup of worsteshire
1/4 cup of dijon mustard
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
2 cloves of garlic, smashed
A little salt and pepper

Mix it all up and toss in your meat of choice and let marinate for 8 hours to overnight. Grill or broil until desired doneness.

No comments:

Post a Comment