Friday, May 1, 2009

Quinoa...Where Have You Been All My Life?!

Probably hiding in Co-Ops and Health Food Stores...

In any case, I had my first quinoa salad today and it was SO SO excelent and not that unhealthy to boot. I liked it because it didn't taste so much like yucky grain but had a really neat texture without being too aggressively healthy. You know that health food that you eat and it just TASTES like health food and its totally unsatisfying...yeah, that was not it. Anyway, I was inspired to try and find a recipe and I think I will try this bad boy on for size.

Maybe its just a pregnancy fad and by the time I make this I will hate it again. True story.

3 comments:

  1. Quinoa over salad with some salmon=awesomeness (no recipe necessary).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heart quinoa. And I once made a great quinoa stew, but now I can't find the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In Ecuador, we lived on Quinoa soup. I have no idea what the recipe entails, but I should find one and make it. So So So so good. And good for you! :)

    ReplyDelete