Saturday, September 11, 2010

African Peanut Butter Soup

So a woman I work with has been making this soup and bringing it into the office ever since she started working with me three years ago. I have always been intrigued but never daring enough to make it---I mean, it doesn't *sound* great when you sell it as "peanut butter soup"...unless, of course, peanut butter is your thang. But guys, it is REALLY good. And very healthy. Think of all the protein you're getting sans meat. The texture of the rice and the sweet potato puree and the tofu and the scallions. D'lish!

Here is the recipe on Epicurious.
It makes GOBS-full. You can freeze and save for later. I ate mine with some sourdough bread and chopped up canteloupe for added fun.

The only thing I would do differently is add a little bit more cayenne pepper. I did not get the heat kick that I anticipated with it. I'm sure a jalapeno or two in the mix wouldn't hurt, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment