Monday, February 15, 2010

Good stuff

We made this the other night. Actually, we=Steve. When he set out to get dinner started for me, he was shocked at the recipe's simplicity. Then, realizing how easy it was, he decided that he was going to make dinner and instructed me not to touch anything. He claims he put a secret ingredient in it, but I don't believe him. I'm not wild about tomato sauces, but this was so so good. It's great on it's own, but I think it would be excellent with some fresh seafood. I think we'll try shrimp or scallops sometime.

Steve's TPIW debut gave me time to make some caramel corn I'd been meaning to try for a while. Also very good and pretty easy. Take seriously the instruction to work quickly when stirring in the caramel... I didn't get it as evenly distributed as I should have. And I think I'll sprinkle some extra salt, maybe flake salt, before putting it in the oven next time, but this probably depends on how salty your popcorn is to start. Nevertheless, it was some good noshing while watching the Olympics on a winter night!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh! I saw this sauce and was kind of amazed at the simplicity, too...but was also like "damn does that look good". That's so nice that Steve cooked for you. I'm totally jealous.

    ReplyDelete